Kindness l Care l Respect
Aveo is seeking a highly motivated Gardener / Handyman to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Working within our Maple Grove community you will support the residents and village teams with day-to-day maintenance and regular, on-going garden support.
You will enjoy interactions with the residents and be proactive finding ways to support the village manager, while providing excellent customer support and care.
- Attend various maintenance requests to create a safe and pleasant environment for residents, visitors, staff and others
- Liaise directly with Manager to ensure projects undertaken are safe, aesthetically compatible and timely
- Oversee maintenance work undertaken by Contractors within the community
- Maintain gardens and grounds, including the communal areas, and drive the community's bus (as required) to enable residents to participate in external activities
- Support with regular gardening (mowing, hedge trimming etc.) across our communities
- Experience in General Maintenance and Handyman skills
- Current Police Check certificate
- Valid driver's licence (required)
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage multiple stakeholders and requests
- Previous industry and similar role experience (highly regarded)
- Relevant trade qualifications (highly regarded)
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently do so for over 12,000 residents across 90 plus retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve the residents through Kindness, Care and Respect.
To take the next step in your career click 'Apply' to complete our online application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.