- Work for a Global Industry Leader
- Great Working Environment and team
- Attractive wages and Outstanding Career Opportunities
Dematic Pty Ltd, a world leading supplier of integrated logistics and material handling solutions currently has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Maintenance Fitter to join the team working at our factory in Belrose, (Sydney’s Northern Beaches).
The role is Full Time with an initial 6 month’s fixed term contract with opportunity for permanent employment.
You will be servicing manufacturing equipment at the facility in accordance to the machine specifications and maintenance schedule, whilst identifying process improvement opportunities. The role will require you to:
- Inspect and maintain equipment regularly to ensure optimum production
- Complete mechanical/electrical preventative maintenance as per schedule
- Resolve equipment faults/breakdowns in a timely manner
- Continues improvement activities to optimise production capacity
- Manage allocated assets including spare parts and tools
- Assist with machine setup processes
- Promote and follow health and safety processes throughout the facility
Successful candidates will have experience in troubleshooting/problem solving equipment faults, be solution focused and ensure high quality service and output is delivered, as well as possessing the following qualifications & experience:
- Fitter & Turner Trade qualification (mandatory)
- Candidates with Restricted Electrical & Unrestricted Electrical Licence are highly regarded but not a mandatory requirement
- Experience with mechanical and pneumatic systems, computerised maintenance systems, and automation in a manufacturing environment is an advantage
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Understanding of OH&S requirements
- PLC exposure
- Ability to work in isolation and make decisions
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective on-going relationships
- Ability to work a varying roster pattern when required to provide shift coverage
This is a fantastic opportunity with an attractive remuneration package on offer as well as rewarding career opportunities.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply for this job' button below.
Dematic is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, promotion, training etc. and in accordance with federal and state legislation, Dematic Pty Ltd (Dematic or the Company) promotes a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.