Who is Catch?
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
The role will see you join a group of super talented Data engineers, Data Scientists and BI analysts, and will support a team of data scientists for design, development and operation of Catch’s advanced analytics capabilities and machine learning solutions. You will work closely with the team to understand data and analytics requirements and design the appropriate engineering framework for the productionisation of machine learning models
When you first start you’ll be working on some exciting projects such as:
- The development and enhancement Catch’s recommendation system.
- The development and productionisation of Catch’s forecasting system.
- Building infrastructure for real-time and batch scoring of machine learning models.
You’ll be working on a variety of projects including the recommended section of our
Working with a leading university in the development of class leading forecasting techniques
While no two days are alike at Catch, but you could probably expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- Researching, testing and implementing appropriate ML automation practices
- Designing, and developing machine learning pipelines
- Managing the DevOps workflows and Infrastructure for data & analytics services & applications
- Ensuring the platform is providing the required data, functionality, and performance
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of API solutions for the delivery of real time machine learning scoring.
- Developing data engineering patterns, framework and best practices for metadata-driven data engineering processes for data pipelines.
- Managing and configuring ml engineering workflows and supporting in building advanced analytics data solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist with data and analytics related technical issues and support their needs by solving business problems and finding opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical teams so required ETLs and data structures are developed/enhanced, and create an automated machine learning based data solution
- 3-5 years of experience as data engineer/ml engineer/dev ops engineer within the data and analytics domain.
- Tertiary qualified in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics).
- Significant experience in building and managing the cloud infrastructure required for data and analytics in AWS. This includes EKS, RDS, S3, EMR, Athena, Redshift, Glue
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
The skills required that we’re looking for
- Experience with CI/CD workflows ML/data service productionisation practices
- Experience with development and deployment of API solutions for machine learning models.
- Advanced working SQL and programming (preferably Python) knowledge and experience
- Advanced working DevOps and Kubernetes knowledge and experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Apache Airflow
- Ability to solve complex machine learning model deployment with scalable solutions using ML productionisation and devops practices.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms, desirable
- Knowledge of best practice in automation & optimisation of training & deploying models
- Knowledge of best practice in optimising columnar and distributed data processing system and infrastructure
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Catch Team!!
Our people are at the heart of everything we stand for and will go above and beyond for our customers “To be the trusted place where Australian’s start their shopping journey”
We know that Drive and Passion are hard to generate when we are not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are well looked after!
Working at Catch, you’ll experience:
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- Innovation / Hack days to get your creative flare on
- An organisation that can flex, and truly supports work life balance
- Community Care Programs – Supporting 1 charity per calendar month
- Unbelievable employee benefits like Club Catch, Kmart discount card, discounted gym membership, free parking, free breakfast, in house learning and development, monthly lunches, parental leave programs plus loads more…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.
Catch is proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women.