At EML we are continuing to hire nationally during COVID-19, with our recruitment process now fully conducted virtually. As a business we have moved to a working from home environment until it is safe for all employees to return to our offices.
- Do you have a passion for helping people?
- Assist in the management of personal injury claims
- 12 Month fixed term contract
EML is a leading Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Claims Management business. Our goal is to help people get their lives back through ongoing support during their return to work journey. Over the past two years, we have experienced continuous growth to now having over 2,400 dedicated employees, alongside the opening of additional four offices. We foster a learning culture that allows for us to continually invest in our employees ensuring a long-term career here at EML.
As part of our diverse team based in Adelaide, you’ll help make a positive impact on someone’s life every day. You’ll feel great satisfaction knowing your talent and hard work has a purpose.
This role is responsible for ensuring specialist claims information and medical evidence is obtained early in a claim so that Lump Sum Benefits can be assessed at the appropriate time without delay. The role will act as a subject matter expert in assisting the “front end” of the business to identify claims that need specific medical evidence to be gathered prior to a Permanent Impairment Assessment.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the front end of the business
- Train front end staff on all aspects of Lump Sums relevant to their roles
- Attend F2F meetings with workers to assist with their understanding of the process where required
- Undertake file reviews on appropriate front end claims to ensure the required evidence for the assessment process is gathered
- Assist with any changes needed to policies, procedures or standard letters as a result of driving the behaviour of early lump sums
- Offer technical matter expertise to support the business
- Provide a high level of technical support to all areas of the business
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement opportunities across the business
- Proven claims management experience
- Developed technical knowledge regarding claims strategies and determinations
- Strong understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate the health benefits of returning to work after an injury experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation
- Sound understanding of evidence based decision making principles as applied to business solutions
WHAT WE OFFER
We stand together as equals. EML is an equal opportunity employer so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone feels valued and where we show respect, integrity and honesty.
EML provides career opportunities and great employee benefits, including:
- A vibrant, collaborative team culture
- Great work/life balance and flexibility
- Onsite Learning and Development Team
- End of Month Celebration Events
- 17.5% annual leave loading
We value our people and are committed to supporting our employees by investing in their professional development and providing generous employee benefits. If this is of interest to you, please apply now or for more information/confidential conversation please contact Katherine Romano on [email protected]