Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That€™s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a full-time permanent role, located at our Jandakot (Hope Road) depot.
About the Role:
This position is accountable for leading a team of professionals and responsible for the management of Western Power materials logistics, operational interface including oversight of the distribution centre, regional stores within Western Power depots and a $25M external sales business.
The position is the key interface with 3PL service provider which has a team of 80 people across all Western Power sites.
- In performing this role, the incumbent is required to contribute to an inclusive, effective and safe working environment. Build strong relationships with area team members, business partners and external parties. The incumbent is expected to drive commitment to, and model behaviours consistent with the Western Powers purpose, values and objectives
- Build a high performing, commercially and customer focused culture
- Working closely with the 3PL service provider and Supply chain team leaders to deliver high levels of service to both customers and suppliers in terms of material quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Manage all aspects of logistics and distribution to meet and exceed Western Power and industry safety and environmental standards
- Accountability to safeguard the inventory and logistics assets of Western Power
- Lead physical distribution strategy reviews to develop and continually drive network optimization
- Work closely with external customers to understand their businesses, customer base and planning processes to ensure short to medium term requirements needed to manage the external customer orders
- To identify, attract, retain and nurture talent through providing support for personal development and succession planning thus ensuring ongoing business continuity and success
- Manage and mentor team members to drive service level and efficiency improvements, safety and environmental management, customer interaction management and cost management
- Promote the benefits of utilising the material procurement services of WP to current and potential customers, integrating the needs of clients with the capabilities of WP supply chain
- Optimise depot layout and material flow especially through Western Powers depot modernisation program
- Lead a team for material sales including process improvement, customer segmentation and market development
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, Business or Commerce or equivalent experience
- Formal Qualification or Training from an approved Logistics or Supply Chain body such as APICS, LAA or similar
- Industry experience, skills and knowledge in logistics, sales and account management.
- 10 years€™ experience managing large logistics contracts to a minimum value of $5m per annum
- Experience at leading and mentoring a professional team.
- Sound and demonstrated stakeholder management, influencing and partnering skills
- Demonstrable experience in the development of team performance
What€™s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 21 June 2020