Your new company
Hays Legal have partnered with a leading fixed-income funds management business as they look to add a Legal Counsel & Company Secretary to the team. This company has moved out of the start-up phase and now has over $6 billion under management.
Your new role
Will see you advising on legal, company secretarial and compliance requirements for the Australian and UK operations. Responsibilities include;
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts, IMA's and engagement letters.
- Providing oversight on compliance and regulatory requirements (domestic and international).
- Working with with Chief Risk Officer on frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Assisting in company secretarial matters and advising the Board.
- Advising on regulatory engagement and requirements.
- Working with external firms and advisors.
What you'll need to succeed
- Australian legal qualifications and a current Australian practising certificate.
- 2+ years post-admission legal experience either in-house or with a leading-tier law firm.
- Experience in either financial services regulatory, funds or Corporate M&A.
- An interest in financial markets and investments.
- A desire to work closely with executive and leadership teams.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting growth opportunity for a funds or corporate lawyer where you will be a trusted advisor to executives and the Board. This business is currently in a very exciting growth phase and it is a great time to join. As the team grows, there is opportunity to move into a General Counsel role and lead a team. There is a competitive package and bonus on offer for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV (in Microsoft Word format), or email [email protected] or call Caitlin on (02) 9049 6961.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2496525