Your new company
This position will see you working within a pivotal State Government Agency, based in Melbourne's North-East but offering flexible working.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel you will provide legal advice on a broad range of matters to senior stakeholders. You will be providing in-house legal services on a diverse range of matters, including coordinating various contracts, statutory interpretation, legal research (often with limited precedent), and more where appropriate and necessary. You will also:
- Provide legal advice and key operational assistance on special projects and organisational priorities including in relation to delivery of large-scale projects
- Draft and negotiate complex contracts that achieve the organisations objectives
- Advise and act on legal issues and risks in existing contracts, processes and new projects
- Engage and work closely across the Corporate Services group and ICT to build effective relationships and build in early legal risk engagement.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered you will have:
- Minimum of 4/5 years’ post admission experience
- A tertiary qualification in Law & admission to practice
- Strong experience in commercial, ICT, data security and complex government matters
- Ability to input into scoping activities for large commercial tenders to enable mitigation of legal and operational risk
- Demonstrated excellent legal and business judgement, strategic thinking and solid verbal and written communication skills
- A well-developed ability in managing and influencing stakeholders
What you'll get in return
If successful in the role you will be a part of an essential government agency working with a strong and growing legal team offering WFH opportunities. There is also competitive remuneration on offer and the opportunity for permanence for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Aimee Lobban now on 03 8616 8453 or email [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2597848