Learning & Teaching and Accreditation Officer
Job No: 975062
Campus Location: Melbourne
Functional Unit: Faculty of Law and Business
Work Type: Continuing full time
- Full-time, continuing position located at our St Patrick’s Campus in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Office of the Executive Dean, Faculty of Law and Business provides leadership within the University and externally. The Office seeks advancement of the Faculty consistent with the University’s mission, strategic direction and identity as a Catholic higher education institution. Staff of the Office of the Executive Dean are expected to motivate and communicate effectively with staff, students and external stakeholders, and to manage the Faculty’s resources to achieve the optimum outcomes for the University.
The role of Learning & Teaching and Accreditation Officer will include:
- contribute to the continuous development of an exceptional learning culture at ACU
- manage the development and implementation of learning and teaching and accreditation plans
- consult and engage with academics and other stakeholders to learning and teaching is relevant and responsive to the changing needs of the Faculty and University
- Implement contemporary best practices in developing aligned curricula
- be accountable for the development and design of learning solutions aligned to the strategic objectives of the University
You will need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- extensive recent experience in designing, reviewing and monitoring of a range of learning and teaching, accreditation related activities
- ability to analyse data, generate reports, troubleshoot problems and prepare reports
- high level of information and communication technology skills including leaning management systems (LMS), other learning and teaching tools, MS office tools and database management tools
- coordination and support in the planning, implementation, managing and production of reporting and other documentation as required by the accreditation project team and accreditation body.
- high level interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Learning & Teaching & Accreditation Officer PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $101,111 - $109,432 pa, including salary component $85,440 - $92,471 pa (Professional HEW Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr. Bhavani Sridharan, Head, Learning and Teaching, Governance and Accreditation, on (03) 92308468.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Friday, 21 June 2019 at 11:55pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.
Advertised: 21 May 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Jun 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
on an external site.
on an external site.