At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
When you’re part of the Aruma team, you’re not just supporting people. You’re pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar higher.
We are seeking a passionate Facilitator to deliver mandatory and responsive training. Reporting to the Learning Manager you will be part of a team of professionals working collaboratively to address training needs to support staff to learn and use what they learn on the job. You will be part of a team that delivers engaging training programs to staff working with people with disabilities.
You will be responsible for leading the delivery of mandatory training, business critical systems training and responsive training to meet customer needs.
What success in the role looks like...
- Delivers engaging, contextualised and memorable training materials, consistently as evidenced by feedback (staff and managers), observation and staff using what they learn on the job.
- Schedules, coordinates & promotes mandatory training courses and learning resources available for staff to access to support their own learning. Staff and managers are aware of how to enrol into calendared events.
- Consults well with managers to identify training needs and then delivers responsive training or facilitated learning
- Reports on region/service training attendance.
- Plans, develops and delivers learning and development activities.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a trainer, ideally with experience in the disability sector; or you have experience supporting people with a disability and are passionate about supporting others to learn and improve the way they work.
- Experience working with people with disabilities and those who support them, either as a support worker or manager, highly desirable
- Experience of working with Children’s Services and hold relevant qualifications (EG TCI)
- Cert IV TAE (current) or working towards
- Enjoys supporting and coaching others and has sound knowledge of adult learning principles
- Able to contextualise learning resources and adapt training to learner needs
- Demonstrated competence in facilitating group and individual learning
- Confident and articulate communication skills and ability to build rapport with learners
- Qualifications and/or competence in mandatory training topics/policy and qualifications (Cert III Individual Support, Cert IV Disability, Cert IV Leadership & Management in particular).
- Well organised, with demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritise workload, follow up and work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Well-developed computer skills – MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point and LMS; including the capacity to learn new systems
- Australian driver’s license, good driving record, ability to travel within the state to deliver training based on the needs of the region and travel interstate as required.
Be part of a dedicated, collaborative team and put your career on track for a succession plan that provides supported learning and development with flexible work-life balance. We offer the benefits of a competitive salary, salary packaging of up to $15,990 and a MV allowance