- Feeding and farm systems technical and program leadership
- National dairy industry association
- Flexible base location in VIC
Dairy Australia is the national services body of the Australian dairy industry.
They develop tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Their investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future.
People are at the heart of everything Dairy Australia do – attracting people to the industry, building skills, providing insights, supporting trade relations, promoting the benefits of dairy to consumers and demonstrating their commitment to sustainability goals.
This role is responsible for providing in-depth technical and program leadership around intensification of dairy farming incorporating cow feeding, housing and farm systems. This person is seen internally and externally as the ‘go-to’ person around their technical competency. This includes their experience, contacts and networks.
- Oversee the development and delivery of all relevant projects ensuring they are relevant and consistent with organisational objectives and industry needs
- Oversee the development of technical materials to further project activities, objectives and results
- Oversee all technical project progress in order to evaluate outcomes from a technical perspective and respond as needed
- Play an active role in the prioritisation process of all research, development and extension activities across the technical portfolio
- Build, develop and actively manage relationships with farmers and advisors who are considering or have made re-cent changes to their farming system
- Represent Dairy Australia at state, national and international forums and steering groups
Skills and Experience
- Significant commercial or agribusiness experience, preferably within the Dairy Industry
- Experience in the application of different feeding systems to create a farm system
- Knowledge of cow housing systems in Australia or overseas
- Relevant and demonstrated capacity in technical writing
- Ability to successfully partake as a member of a project team or lead a project team
- Strong operational experience in planning and prioritisation of conflicting demands
- Ability to integrate scientific information into varying, fit for purpose formats, through a systematic review process
- Tertiary qualifications in Animal Science, Agricultural Science or related fields
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Lucas on +61 8 8201 9999.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button, or alternatively via email to [email protected] quoting reference number TL3639.
Please note, applicants must have full rights to work in Australia, sponsorship is not available for this role.
The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industries with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries.