- Are you seeking a varied and interesting position? This is the opportunity for you!
- Attractive remuneration package plus an outstanding range of benefits!
- Supportive team environment, with significant opportunities for career progression!
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout the Northern Territory, Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending from Darwin to Coffs Harbour and offers both routine testing and specialised testing for referral laboratories throughout Australia.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Scientist/Technician (Microbiology) to work at the Bowen Hills Laboratory. This is a Full Time position and the successful applicant will be expected to work a variety of shifts between 5am - 7pm Monday to Friday. The successful applicant will also be expected to participate in a rostered weekend, public holiday and on call roster.
The main aim of the role is to perform medical laboratory tests to provide advice for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and other disorders.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing a range of diagnostic medical laboratory techniques;
- Performing all tasks relevant to a particular scientific shift or a particular section of the laboratory as specified in departmental manuals;
- Upholding quality standards within the laboratory by adhering to departmental quality system procedures;
- Complying with the occupational health and safety policy and programs to ensure personal health and safety, and the health of safety of others in the workplace; and
- Satisfying the requirements of customers both internal and external through the provision of reliable and efficient service levels.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Appropriate qualifications in medical laboratory science (or equivalent);
- Demonstrated theoretical knowledge of current microbiology testing practices;
- Extensive laboratory experience in a microbiology laboratory particularly in the area of microscopy and culture plate reading;
- Experience in use of current microbiology laboratory equipment and machines;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills and the ability to work as an effective member of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and work methodically and efficiently, whilst adhering to occupational health and safety policies;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and
- Provide excellence in customer service.
About the Benefits
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is committed to ensuring a healthy work/life balance for all staff.
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff. The successful candidate will join a welcoming team, many of whom have stayed with the organisation for a number of years.
Staff members will be given a chance to develop their skills through ongoing training, providing an avenue for career development and advancement.
The successful candidates will enjoy a competitive salary (commensurate with experience and qualifications) plus super, overtime and the following permanent employee benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per E.B.A.
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect the quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke-Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.