Kitchen Hand | Casual with a view to Permanent | from $26.80 p/hr
Does coming to work every day in an Amusement Park sound so much more interesting than your average kitchen?
Everyone that enters Luna Park through our trademark smiling face, is assured an exciting visit and world class entertainment!
Our guests are having so much fun, they quickly work up an appetite. So, Luna Park has several hardworking culinary teams, to ensure our visitors are delighted by the diverse range of dining options, which includes:
Premium 5* wedding, events and banquets, to mixed Mediterranean plates paired with a glass of wine while gazing over sensational Sydney Harbour, to quick and tasty, classic fun park favourites. Luna Park is a gold licence caterer with HACCP certification.
Our dedicated F&B catering teams urgently need experienced, reliable and self-motivated Kitchen Attendants for casual positions. An immediate start in a position that has the potential to quickly become permanent, for the right candidate.
Your new role duties:
As a Kitchen Attendant you will be responsible for maintaining the order and cleanliness of Luna Park’s kitchen facilities, which may be either:
- Functions (production) Kitchen
- Amphora Wine Bar Kitchen
- Retail Food & Beverage Kitchen
You will also:
- assist the Chefs with basic food preparation, depending on experience and knife skills;
- be required to demonstrate initiative and assist in the set up and pack down of kitchen equipment and satellite kitchen areas;
- Wash dishes, pans, utensils, floors, ovens and maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Recent, fast paced experience as a kitchen hand
- Good hand-eye coordination
- High level of personal hygiene
- Fluent in English, with effective and calm communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines, and work well in a team
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends
- Knowledgeable about food and chemical safety, HACCP and WH&S requirements
- Able to safely work in a physically demanding position, regular lifting and standing for long periods.
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and can work rostered shifts that may be offered on a combination of weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Applicants must have ongoing, Australian work rights.
We offer good pay, well equipped Kitchens, good working conditions and job stability.
Bus, train and ferry are all within a short walk to Luna Park, or take advantage of discounted car parking rates onsite.
Click the “Apply now” button and forward an up-to-date resume outlining your Kitchen Hand experience.