Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
About Jewel Paymentech
We're a Financial Technology startup which focuses on developing intelligent solutions to mitigate fraud and other risks for the banking and financial industry. We were also named as one of the most promising FinTech startups in Asia by SWIFT.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you’ll drive the Data Science Team and work closely with senior management. Our ideal candidate is results-focused, innovative and has a solid quantitative background and a good business understanding.
Jewel Paymentech is looking for a highly-motivated person to lead the Data Science Team and support us in developing cutting edge fraud and risk management solutions.
- Lead the development and validation of high-impact statistical and machine learning quantitative models used to enhance product features and solutions of real-world issues
- Contribute to product design and architecture planning of major systems and features
- Guide and mentor a multi-disciplined Data Science and Data Engineering team to forge a research-oriented and collaborative culture through innovative technology implementation at scale
- Work in a fast-paced environment with tight deliverable timeframes and able to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
Do you want to experience working in a fast-paced environment with new challenges every day? This is the place.
- Seven or more years of relevant work experience (including at least one year of exposure to payments, banking or FinTech)
- BSc, Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning models: Logistic
- Regression, Support Vector Machines, random forests, XGBoost, Deep Learning models (CNNs/RNNs)
- Proficient in big data computing skills: scikit-learn in Python, Pandas, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, etc.
- Proficiency in using Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency in using any graph databases: Neo4J, ArangoDB, AllegroGraph, JanusDB, etc.
- Additional advantage with proficiency in Natural Language Processing
- Additional advantage with proficiency in using Keras, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch/PyTorch, Spark MLlib, or any other Deep Learning framework
- Track record in leading data science projects and delivering from end-to-end.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
Why join us?
The people we hire want to be a part of something meaningful. They are sometimes smarter than we are, because we know that a diversified pool of knowledge helps us learn from each other.
We hire people who constantly challenge themselves to do things better and aren’t afraid of failure. Instead, they pick themselves up, learn, and go at it twice as hard.
We hire already motivated people and keep them motivated through personal growth, challenges, and the opportunities to contribute at work and to society.