Reporting to: CTO
About Jewel Paymentech
We're a Financial Technology startup which focuses on developing intelligent solutions to mitigate fraud and other risks for the banking and financial industry. We were also named as one of the most promising FinTech startups in Asia by SWIFT.
As a Data Engineer you will get to work on a wide range of problems using the cutting-edge technologies in Big Data and Data Science. You are required to translate Data science and Machine learning based solutions into scalable code, and to develop innovative solutions to collect/cleanse/store/process data. In case you are very passionate about building high throughput, low latency, fault tolerant software then this position is for you.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be accountable to accurately capture/analyse business and functional requirements and lead the design/architecture of solutions to meet those requirements.
- Lead technical solutions designing and ensure end-to-end from conceptualisation to deployment as well as maintenance of the design based on sound best practices.
- Be accountable for delivery of clear & concise documentation for solutions/code.
- Contribute actively within development team to build better code and ensuring development are based off the company’s development frameworks, practices and guidelines.
- Continuously improve own and team knowledge on latest relevant technologies.
- Contribute and develop code by using best software development practices/security standards.
- Be a strong team-player
- Be excellent in English, both written and spoken.
- 10+ years of experience building highly scalable, low latency, fault tolerant systems.
- B.Sc., Masters, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.).
- Hands on knowledge of at least 2 programming languages of Python/Java/Scala. In depth knowledge of at least 2 of Hadoop/Spark/Storm/Flink/Kafka.
- In depth knowledge of at least two NoSQL database (HBase/Cassandra/DynamoDB/Neo4j/Mongo/MemcacheDB)
- Good knowledge of at least some machine learning algorithms like logistic regression/ SVM/ Random Forests.
- Knowledge of advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of large scale ML systems like Tensorflow/pytorch Knowledge of advanced machine learning algorithms like CNN/RNN Knowledge of Cloud environments like AWS/GCP.
- Knowledge of indexing systems like Elastic search/Solr/Lucene.
- Knowledge of Arango DB
- Proficient in using CI/CD and knowledge of Jenkins/SonarQube/Ansible.
You’re a perfect fit us if you are
- A master problem solver, and able to use own initiative to develop suitable solutions.
- A strong communicator with the ability to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way.
- An innovative, original thinker approach to job responsibilities, methods and processes.
- An energetic person who can be trusted to get a job done.
- Prior working experience in start-up environment
Why join us?
The people we hire want to be a part of something meaningful. They are sometimes smarter than we are, because we know that a diversified pool of knowledge helps us learn from each other.
We hire people who constantly challenge themselves to do things better, and aren’t afraid of failure. Instead, they pick themselves up, learn, and go at it twice as hard.
We hire already motivated people and keep them motivated through personal growth, challenges, and the opportunities to contribute at work and to society.