157+ restaurants across Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, and the USA, we’re opening an average of 1 new restaurant every 10 days until the end of the year.
With 32+ tonnes of fresh avocados being smashed every week, Guzman y Gomez (GYG) is the fastest-growing food company in Australia and we’re committed to demonstrating fast food, can be good food
Reporting to the IT Services Manager, the IT Support Team Lead is responsible for leading, coaching and developing our awesome GYG IT Support Team. This critical role will play a huge part in growing future IT leaders and offering opportunities for our Support Team to develop their skills and further their IT careers.
In addition, you will play a major role in defining and implementing best-in-class tools and procedures to support our growing IT systems and innovative technology demands. It is fundamental for GYG to scale to continue to offer exceptional customer experience.
Objectives of the role:
- Coach and support a growing team of both experienced and developing Support Engineers
- Create a scalable Service Desk model which focuses on working smarter not harder and leverages the incredible team we have in place
- Reduce the impact from technology incidents by focusing on tech resilience, automation, monitoring, end-user self-service and service desk efficiency and effectiveness
- Foster a collaborative culture with stakeholders by improving transparency of Service Desk activity and Technology performance
- Define and manage a framework for on-boarding new technologies to the service desk
Lead the Service Desk team by setting objectives, providing feedback, creating development plans and celebrating wins
- Define and manage the service desk roster, including out of hours support
- Ensure the team have the necessary skills to perform their role and support the evolution of the GYG tech stack
- Being part of the service desk and the after-hours roster
Service Desk Management
- Producing Service Desk reporting to track trends and performance to KPIs / SLAs
- Monitoring the ticket queues to ensure priorities are allocated correctly
- Identify when incidents need to be managed as problems and then working with dev teams and vendors to resolve
- Manage Monitoring and Reporting tools
Continuous Improvement Activities
- Identifying most common issues and enhancing Self-Service capabilities within restaurants
- Ongoing improvements to Service Desk SLA reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Franchisee and Management-facing reporting and communications
We are looking for a strong people leader who prides themselves on their ability to grow and develop high performing teams and foster a collaborative working environment. You will have a strong interest in Technology with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You may have studied technology or had experience working in a Service Desk/Help Desk environment, however this is not an essential requirement. You will understand how to leverage the IT experience and knowledge of your team to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcomes for GYG end-users.
Strong communication and stakeholder management skills are essential. You will be seen as a trusted advisor and a point of escalation for any concerns your team may have.
Experience in the following technologies is advantageous but NOT essential:
- POS Systems (TASK, MICROS, etc.)
- Inventory Management systems
- AWS cloud technologies
- Digital Menu Boards
- Order Ready Boards
- Music Player