Delroy Orchards is seeking an Irrigationist. As an Irrigationist, you will be required to manage and operate existing large-scale tree and a vine crop irrigation network and program as well as assist in the designing and development of new systems for greenfield horticultural developments.
Your duties will include:
- Operation and maintenance of pumping system
- Operation of MAIT control system
- Collect and analyze incoming data for use in irrigation scheduling
- Gather data on soil moisture and match to probe data, advising management of any anomalies;
- Monitor regional climatic conditions and schedule irrigation applications accordingly
- Monitor all electronic soil moisture devices
- Design, implement, and draw conclusions from alternative irrigation application methods; ie drip versus sprayers
- Supervise and assist with general irrigation maintenance
- Ad-hoc irrigation duties as required including flushing valves, washing field filters, tape fixing, boundary run, drip tape emitter testing, dam measurements.
To be eligible, you must have:
At least a relevant AQF Cert II or equivalent and at least 1 year (20+hpw) relevant post qualifications experience
Have at least 2 years (38+hpw) relevant experience
Salary: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year