- Sydney based role
- Investing in greenfield infrastructure/energy projects
- Leadership role
John Laing Group (John Laing) is an international originator, investor and manager of infrastructure projects with a focus on greenfield Public-Private Partnership (PPP), renewable energy and other similar project financed infrastructure projects. John Laing is a UK publicly-listed group which operates in a range of international markets including the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and Latin America.
John Laing has been active in Australia since establishing offices in Melbourne and Sydney in 2011. The APAC team currently originates, invests in and manages a range of investments across the PPP and energy sectors in Australia and New Zealand. To date, John Laing has invested almost $1b in 16 projects in Australia and New Zealand and is currently evaluating opportunities in new sectors and elsewhere in the APAC region.
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, the role will have the following responsibilities:
- Identification of investment opportunities with JL’s target sectors in Australia and New Zealand
- Transaction leadership and execution from identification of investment opportunities through to financial close
- Formulation and presentation of project investment cases to the senior management
- Contribute to local and global strategic initiatives relating to the origination of new investments including new sector research
- Management and mentoring of Analysts, Investment Managers and Senior Investment Managers in the APAC team
- Ongoing representation on project investment entity companies to support the asset management team
- Represent John Laing’s interests in key meetings and negotiations with partners, clients and advisers
- Ensure that investments are secured on terms consistent with the business objectives and established investment / risk criteria
- Negotiate Sponsor / Bid Agreements / Heads of Terms with Co-Sponsors, sub-contractors and consultants to support bidding activities and lead negotiation of commercial negotiations through to financial close.
- Assist in the formulation of bid strategy, identifying potential opportunities and supporting the development of proposals
- Take responsibility for business development in selected sectors including identification and monitoring of project pipeline
- Representation on industry bodies, development of a network of industry contracts and increasing JL’s profile
- Keep up to date with current market trends, including any established market practices and/or published guidance
For this role we are likely seeking 15+ years of experience within infrastructure principal investments or financial advisory with some meaningful experience within greenfield infrastructure. We are looking for individuals that support a successful team environment that also shows strong leadership skills.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion please get in touch with Mischa Bennett 02 9235 9430 / [email protected]