With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Reporting in to the National Injury & Wellbeing Manager, the role of Injury Management Advisor is central to providing support to our stores’ network for existing team members. Based out of Sydney with predominantly a telehealth focus (phone-based support), we are now seeking an experienced injury specialist to support our stores across all NSW and ACT. Summary of the key responsibilities of this role outlined as follows;
- Assist Kmart Team Members to return to pre-injury capacity following an injury or illness
- Develop and promote injury management strategies that focus on early injury recovery and durable return to work for all Kmart Team Members
- Provide coaching and advice to the workplace management team to develop injury management competency
- Consult Wesfarmers Group Team Cover claims team regarding appropriate treatment, services and return-to-work issues
- Promote and coordinate injury prevention and health promotion initiatives and programs
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in an allied health field (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiologist, Psychologist, Registered Nurse) or related field such as Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Demonstrated experience in workplace-based rehabilitation, preferably in a self-insured environment
- Experience delivering and facilitating training in injury prevention
- Experience in using Case Management software for return-to-work purposes
- Ability to educate & support treating practitioners in the workers’ compensation and personal illness setting
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with workers, managers, and medical providers
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members) and access to benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.