iiNet is Australia's second largest DSL Internet Service Provider and is growing fast. For more than 20 years we've outshone the rest with award winning customer service and a passion for doing things differently.
Right now we're looking for a talented individual to do one of our most important jobs – become a legendary iiNet Systems Administrator, supporting high value customers nationally. As a member of our Engineering team you will assist our key customers with customised solutions. Once you're on board, this critical role will see you play an integral systems role in maintaining our 24/7 operational environment.
- Provide support on the systems used to deliver services to clients
- Maintain reporting and monitoring systems
- Provide input into enhancements and upgrades
- Assist with projects as and when they arise
What you'll need:
- CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent
- Good knowledge of LAMP and GIT
- Good knowledge of Proxy servers (reverse, forward and transparent)
- Coding/scripting experience with bonus points for Bash, Python, Go
- Working knowledge of networking including VLAN's, subnets and routing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal staff and external suppliers
- Strong passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent ability to work as a team as well as autonomously
Now that the serious stuff has been covered, it won't hurt if you have:
- 3+ Years experience supporting systems infrastructure (compute, storage, virtulisation)
- Experience with Grafana, Telegraf, and InfluxDB
- A real interest and passion for all things technical
- A human streak – a real passion for service, a sense of fun and too much enthusiasm wouldn't hurt either! Being a little on the technical side goes without saying… but being a people-person, that there's the kicker.
…and here's what we bring to the table:
Once you're on board, we'll set you on a path with plenty of development opportunities along the way. You'll be part of a constantly changing environment that rewards you for good ideas. There's a bevy of superb benefits to consider, including a great salary package and subsidised internet. Best of all, you'll work with some of the industry's brightest who know that fun is more than a three letter word.
So, if this sounds like you're kind of thing, we're waiting to hear from you!