- Provide HR Service support for our JPAC Team – fluency in Japanese essential
- Provide excellent service for internal stakeholders on Workday & HR Self-service tools
- Multi-cultural environment, with an international team across different time zones
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology innovator since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
In 2019, Amgen was named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
Amgen HR Staff Services connects staff, managers and local HR to Amgen’s global HR programs and tools. For all global HR questions, they are the place to go to!
Working in our North Ryde office, as part of the Europe, TMEA (Turkey & Middle East Area) and JAPAC team, you will be responsible for providing HR service centre support for countries in the JAPAC area.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers in accordance with Service Level Agreements on the initiation of HR transactions in Workday
- Provide support to staff and managers on how to access and use Amgen Global HR self-service tools, Reward and Recognition systems, and policies
- Represent Amgen HR Connect to all staff in designated countries
- Provide training, presentations to staff/managers and HR as required
- Log and manage calls using the case management system, effectively juggling priorities
- Process recruiting operations activities (offers, background checks, hires)
- Answer Amgen HR local policy staff questions for designated countries
- Run and create reports from HR systems
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on designated Amgen HR tools, programs and systems
- Develop, manage and maintain the knowledge database
- Suggest improvements on policies and procedures between Amgen service centre sites and HR teams
- Represent Amgen HR Connect in HR Projects and processes, like Workday, BRAVO!, MAP (performance cycle) etc.
- System Matter Expert on designated Amgen HR tools, programs and systems
- Build relationships with HR teams and other key stakeholders, collaborate and share best practices
- Gather requirements and testing HR system enhancement
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- HR Qualifications and experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Fluency in English and Japanese essential (Chinese and/or Korean favourable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural environment, with an international team across different time zones
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience within a commercial service delivery/customer service environment
- Experience in HR Systems (preferably Workday) and processes
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities from multiple sources
- Multinational company experience in a service center environment
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management functions in Workday
- Experience with HR Standard Operating Processes and Procedures
- Well-developed computer skills in the Microsoft Office 365 environment
- Work rights and residency in Australia essential
In summary, we are looking for a Japanese speaking, tech-savvy, flexible and adaptable HR professional who has a very strong customer service focus, strong attention to detail and excellent trouble-shooting abilities.
If you are seeking a genuine career opportunity where you can truly make a difference to better serve patients and progress against our aspiration to be the world’s best human therapeutics company, then we’d love to hear from you.
Applications Close Friday 31st January 2020. However, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter asap. In your cover letter please confirm your Japanese fluency level (written and verbal)