CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Human Resources Partner to join their dedicated Human Resources Team, based in Rockhampton.
The Human Resource Partner is a key support role assisting line managers and local leaders to support the local workforce within each region. The Human Resources Partner provides a comprehensive range of human resource supports including:
- Recruitment • Induction/ Onboarding • Performance Reviews • Investigations & Disciplinary Action • Line Management
Each region is assigned a Human Resource Partner who works directly with line managers and employees to support a positive and proactive employment relationship.
The Human Resource Partner will provide services that require regular travel to worksites across the diocese and overnight trips. This travel may be reduced with the utilisation of video conferencing, but some travel will always be required.
Duties of the role include:
Mission, Vision and Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQmission, vision and values.
- Participate actively in formation activities.
- Ensure all human resource activities align to the quality management system requirements and comply with the relevant awards and legislation (including the fair work act).
- Undertake a transparent recruitment process in partnership with operational leaders to ensure candidates are selected on a merit basis.
- Support potential applicants and applicants by providing relevant information throughout the recruitment process.
- Ensure all candidates are provided a consistent level of support in a timely manner that results in candidates having a positive experience with CentacareCQand are kept informed at all stages of how their application is progressing.
New Employee onboarding
- Complete the administration required for the recruitment of new staff in a timely manner following appropriate approvals. Ensure the process is clearly documented in alignment with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Prepare individual induction timetables for new employees prior to commencement and ensure they are provided a copy before commencing.
- Verify induction is complete for each employee checking in regularly to ensure they are confident in fulfilling their role. Where candidates experience challenges work with line managers and local leaders to resolve these issues.
Line Management Support
- Provide ongoing support to line managers as needed to execute their role as line manager to effectively supporting employees
- Participate in line management meetings with employees and line management to support a robust line management process
- Review the ad hoc line management records and support line managers to meet their obligations in supporting employees
- Once initial steps have been complete, lead formal performance improvement process where required
Incident & Feedback
- Undertake investigations where minor matters are raised with the performance of an employee which may result in disciplinary action under misconduct
- Working with line managers and local leaders, undertake investigations and resolve where possible minor employee grievances raised within your region.
- Work with employees to develop individual personal development plans and review as required
- Undertake annual performance appraisals for employees prior to the application of an increment increase
- Where relevant, review employee performance and role requirements before recommending above award increases in pay rates or out of cycle increment increase
- Review request for professional development requests aligned to the professional development plan that are not directly related to the employees current role.
- Support employees returning to work from injury including WorkCover by completing a “return to work plan” with the employee and their line manager
- Monitor staff absenteeism and intervene where additional supports are needed to support an employee perform in their role.
- Monitor employee wellbeing and proactively work to resolve issues
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in an Australian Federal Police check and a Working with children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.