- Great career step role into a centralised WHS Systems role
- Lead/Support some large scale systems projects
- 12 months initially - Maternity Leave Cover
Great combination of systems performance and large scale projects/project management. You are equal parts HSE Systems Specialist and Stakeholder Management
Our client is one of the leaders within the utilities sector who are providing support and services to everyday Australians in Melbourne and beyond. They have a large workforce with significant contractor base that conduct work across a range of medium and high risks. The head office central to Melbourne - it is a well-recognised brand.
The safety journey of this company is on has taken some great steps in the last 2 or 3 years with a revised strategy, team shape and a lot of hard work enabling them to better support the business. As you might imagine, they have faced some of the same challenges in the last few months as other companies have - and done a solid job of keeping their team and customers safe.
One of the key roles in this HSE team is that of the HSE Systems Advisor. There are many elements of continuous improvement (BAU), but also contributing/leading step changes for the team, such as rollouts of new programs, introducing new software and significant process change.
This requires becoming a subject matter expert and working closely with multiple stakeholders to provide the expertise and action that underpins all Health, Safety and Environment action, incident response and associated documentation/process etc. This will include the overall management of systems, documentation and surrounding process. Regular HSE Reporting is shared between this role and a closely connected role in the team.
While this role will be covering the incumbent for a period of maternity leave (12 months), there will be sufficient handover to be successful in this role.
- This role could suit an HSE professional with (likely) direct exposure to working on systems; or potentially a generalist that has a skillset and interests that are well aligned
- You will have strong exposure to maintaining compliance processes and systems - but not like a cop. Ideally more like a coach - your work style and communication will bring your stakeholders along for the journey and both learn things along the way.
- This role requires a high level of organisation, and more than likely you have a structured approach to getting things done
- You are also a good relationship builder, as your biggest impact will be when you can get things done through key stakeholders across the HSE team and the broader organisation
- Exposure to Cintellate while not a "must have" is advantageous
- Diploma or above in OHS or similar, with ICAM/Lead Audit highly regarded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
Above all, you will be an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious person looking to grow your career in an environment where you will be given plenty of support and an opportunity to flourish.
There are plenty of opportunities to understand how your role fits into the bigger picture here. You will have a competitive salary package to reward your impact.
Enquiries are welcome to Leighton Cantrill on 03 9663 5513 quoting Reference No. SS105764. Alternatively, to apply online click on the appropriate link - please supply your CV in Word format.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1212
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856, State: SA, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHS 288821. For queries relating to 'Labour Hire Licences' ONLY please contact: '[email protected]' (do not apply to the advert using this email).