About the Role:
MPK is seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Business Partner to provide functional HSE Leadership and support to operating sites/projects and support functions within the MPK business. This support ensuring the execution of HSE strategies and initiatives by Stakeholders, the MPK Leadership Team and broader MPK Business. The role will join our HSEQ team based in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Group Safety, HSEQ you will be responsible for:
- Supporting Group Manager HSEQ to identify key strategic objectives for the business, and in consultation with the Leadership Team, Operations, and other key stakeholders, implement the plan to achieve these objectives, ensuring all employees are aware of and understand the plan.
- Partnering with stakeholders to enhance risk perception and drive a proactive approach to HSE.
- Leading change and the continual improvement in behaviours, risk controls and systems within MPK.
- Designing and delivering effective communication strategies and processes that will engage and influence the workforce in delivering HSE Strategy.
- Planning activities to foster, develop and support increased awareness and understanding of HSE Strategy elements to ensure improvements are delivered.
- Lead ‘risk reduction improvement projects’ with key Business Unit stakeholders.
- Coaching MPK leaders to enable and build HSE capabilities.
- Providing technical expertise in the application of HSE risk tools.
- Measure, monitor and analyse HSE data to identify trends and ensure appropriate preventative actions are taken to address identified issues and root causes of incidents and achieve continuous improvement in safety performance.
- Preparing detailed legislative compliant HSE documentation for project tenders.
- Prepare detailed report to inform the business of HSEQ performance and trends.
- Managing the HSEQ SMS, its ongoing development, maintenance, and improvement.
- Supporting the MPK business units, in the use and compliance of internal systems.
- Assisting the Group Team in providing detailed tender responses for HSEQ.
- Consulting frequently with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement.
Key attributes required for the role are:
- Min of 5 years’ experience in health and safety management within the resource, construction, or energy sectors.
- Excellent understanding of HSE Management within construction projects is highly desirable.
- Min 5 years’ experience implementing systems and risk management programs within industry.
- Demonstrated experience analysing and reporting HSE performance metrics and trends.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant H&S legislation, codes and standards.
- Excellent coaching, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work and maintain resilience in difficult situations.
- Sound knowledge of risk management processes
- Outstanding organisational skills including the ability to plan and execute against multiple deliverables and manage multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to work autonomously and to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in WHS/ Engineering/ Human Resources.
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment or equivalent (desirable)
MPC Kinetic is committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters equal employment opportunity. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
MPK is a leading Australian energy construction and services company providing the oil, gas, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative project solutions. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website at http://www.mpckinetic.com.au/
Care: We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other’s backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve: We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver: Our focus in delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.
Advertised: 09 Mar 2021 E. Australia Standard Time