Hospitality Associate (CUPE) - Casual- Uxbridge Site
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
Hospitality Associate duties include:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and supper food items
- Set up of Multigen cart for patient meal service and deliver patient meal trays and distribute patient nourishments on the unit
- Collect and clean soiled meal trays
- Clean and sanitize Multigen and support cart
- Performs established housekeeping functions within assigned areas in order to provide and maintain a clean, infection free and attractive environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Rotates through room cleaning, floor maintenance, discharges, terminal cleaning ad project cleaning
- Responds to emergency codes as required
- Required to handle pathological waste and work in potentially infectious areas
- Maintain open and timely communication with team members and Management staff
- Frequent moderate and heavy exertion, i.e. extensive walking, standing, and heavy lifting up to 60 lbs.
The current work schedule is 4, 6, 8 and 12 hour shifts, days and evenings, including weekends. Specifically: 6am to 230pm, 7am to 3pm, 7am to 7pm, 8am to 4pm, 10am to 6pm, 12pm to 5pm, 12pm to 8pm, 1pm to 8pm, 2pm to 8pm, and 4pm to 12am. Please note the schedule may change due to operational needs.
$22.00 - 22.97 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Previous experience in environmental services and/or food services, preferably in a hospital setting
- Current Food Handlers Certification through the local health unit or equivalent
- Good interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Evidence of ability to work well independently and as a member of the team
- Detail orientated
- Flexible to cover all shifts as necessary
- Demonstrated good attendance and work performance record with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
on an external site.
on an external site.