About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending from Darwin to Coffs Harbour.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology now has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Specimen Reception Area Laboratory Assistant to work in the Histopathology Department of the Bowen Hills laboratory.
The main aim of this varied role is the efficient processing of tissue samples with a high level of commitment to customer service and workflow deadlines.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting, delivering and processing of specimens and providing assistance to dissection staff;
- Inputting data into Histology accessioning system;
- Performing routine laboratory procedures involved in the preparation of frozen sections and paraffin embedded histological slides;
- Liaising with clinicians and other staff to assist with the provision of reliable and efficient service levels; and
- Performing other general laboratory tasks as required.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and support staff. The successful candidate will join a welcoming and dedicated team.
Staff members will be given a chance to develop their skills through ongoing training and will be provided with an avenue for career development and advancement.
For your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration plus super. In addition, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per CWA 3
- Staff Services Committee - provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect the quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke-Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!