- Boddington location - Western Australia
- Relocation assistance on offer
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
This publicly listed organisation are an international business with a strong global footprint. They are widely recognised for their environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. They operate two of Western Australia's largest open pits with around 2,000 employees on site in Boddington, WA.
The Health, Safety & Security Manager for Boddington, WA will be responsible for leading an effective team of HSS professionals (circa 25) and working with operational Line Managers in implementing Health, Safety and Security strategies.
The role is required to provide visible leadership in the consistent implementation of agreed systems aligned with Regional expectations and site conditions. The outcomes of this work will be a safe and healthy work site which is viewed as an industry leader. You will provide coaching and mentoring and work with all of the departments in the identification of opportunities for improving safety, health and security performance and taking a leadership role to identify and successfully implement solutions.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Implementation of the Global Integrated Management System across the Region.
- Working with specialists in the integration of health, safety and security into systems and programmes to improve performance, including Risk Management, Health and Hygiene and S&ER.
- Engage and influence contractors on site in the implementation of their health and safety plans.
- Supporting Contract Owners in the fulfilment of their duties for contractors health and safety expectations and performance.
- Leadership in the management of the emergency response system and approaches across the Site to ensure capability is maintained.
- Integral member of the Assurance program for the HSS and IMS standards.
- Responsible for the management of the workers compensation programme at a Site level.
- Ensuring the business is visible in the Australian Mining bodies and legislative work groups when OHS matters are tabled as they impact the Site
The organisation requires a senior individual who can demonstrate the ability to influence, communicate and lead effectively across the organisation with a variety of stakeholders. You will be commercially astute with a proven track record in a Senior Health & Safety management role within the mining or resources industry. Coupled with a degree in Health & Safety (or similar) you will have significant practical experience in the application of Risk Management systems and processes in an operating environment. Experience with leading site security is also a prerequisite.
This role is based full time at Boddington, WA and there is the option to DIDO from Perth. Relocation assistance is on offer for the successful candidate.
What’s on offer
Competitive salary package + benefits.
Flexible working arrangements are available for the successful candidate.
Applications online only by clicking "Apply for this job" below to apply for this role.
Contact: Cate Ingham