- Career growth opportunity
- Work for an industry leader with exposure to a broad range of industries across Victoria
- Brand new working environment in Collins Street
We are the most influential, independent business body in Victoria with over 15,000 members and clients. Our members choose us because we’re trusted experts in workplace relations, international trade, health, safety and wellbeing and policy development. Our team of over 200 people thrive on putting our members first in everything we do – from providing exceptional customer service to advocating for their interests across all levels of government. The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry works for the success of its members, business and Victoria.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) professional to deliver a range of high quality and commercially competitive HSW training and consulting services to our diverse member portfolio, including:
- Delivering engaging HSW training services to our members and clients, including WorkSafe approved and nationally accredited training courses;
- Delivery of accurate and consistent HSW and WorkCover consultancy services and advice to members and clients;
- Undertaking project work and research, as required;
- Actively promoting Victorian Chamber services to our members and clients.
A passionate safety professional with advanced communication skills you will possess the following;
- Minimum diploma level qualification plus minimum five years work experience in OHS or a related area;
- Certified generalist OHS professional (CGOHSP) or equivalent Occupational Hygiene or Ergonomics and Human Factors Society membership;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) and demonstrated capacity to provide professional training services is essential;
- Demonstrated experience in providing HSW consulting services to industry is highly desirable;
- Broad knowledge of HSW and Workers’ Compensation legislation;
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend complex and specialised issues and communicate them in a user-friendly manner.
A competitive salary, commensurate with skills and experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.We welcome applications from suitably qualified people seeking a part time or full time opportunity.Please indicate your preference within your covering letter.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please hit apply now or apply online under the Careers section of our website, www.victorianchamber.com.au/careers.
Applications, including a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria contained within the position description, should be addressed to Dominique Appleton, Human Resources. The position description can be found under the Careers section of our website.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to a satisfactory police check as a pre-condition of employment. Applicants must also hold a valid driver’s licence.