Head of Data
At iSelect, we’re passionate about helping Australians reduce their household bills and save money, time and effort. We are Australia’s go-to destination for comparison across insurance, utilities and personal finance products made available from our range of providers. We compare from a wide range of Australia’s leading brands and our highly trained consultants help customers compare, select and save.
Here at iSelect, we get that most people find insurance, utilities and personal finance boring. But we understand that it's really important to 'always get it right'. As Australia's 'Life Admin Store', we'll help you take care of the boring but important stuff. We provide Australians with the convenience of an online comparison and the benefit of telephone-based advice and sales across many product areas.
We operate in a growth-orientated, agile and progressive environment that fosters innovation and rewards success. Our staff have high levels of empowerment and accountability which are underpinned by a pragmatic, down-to-earth approach.
What you do:
As Head of Data you will be responsible for setting the vision and strategic direction of data assets and for the strategies by which we leverage insights and empower data-driven decision making.
Role accountabilities will include:
- Overseeing strategy for data integration and data pipelines.
- Defining and growing enterprise-wide BI and analytics reporting.
- Providing leadership on data-driven decisions with visual / transparent metrics for planning, forecasting and real-time execution.
- Managing the Data Science team to develop and implement ML and AI applications according to lean agile design practices.
- Data governance and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with other teams and functions on strategic use of information, data and analytics.
- Financial performance and ROI of data functions.
What you need:
- Extensive experience leading Data Delivery, Architecture and/or Data Support and Operation teams in broad and complex organisations
- Experience in Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Cloud Solutions and Data Governance
- Experience in delivering Customer Marketing/Data Solutions, an understanding of single view of customer concepts
- Experience building up a data eco system from a foundation capability to then enable advanced analytics, machine learning and AI capabilities.
- An understanding of how to enforce IT controls, Data Protection and apply design principles to protect the data assets.
- Proven people leader, with experience in building and leading a team through change
- Experience in the commercialisation of data offerings and accountable for financial performance of a data team
- 10 years experience in Data and Analytics
What’s in it for you:
- Work with a team of highly energised, motivated and driven professionals
- 3 'recharge' days per year (yes, in addition to your annual leave!)
- Casual environment and most importantly a fun, engaged and energised workforce!
- A free coffee each day, a funky café and a state-of-the-art work space
- An impressive Employee Benefits Program with many corporate discounts and goodies!
If you are someone who fosters team spirit, has resilience and aspires to continue learning and developing their skills to drive commercial outcomes, you will have tremendous success in helping us achieve our progressive growth agendas. High energy levels and a love of having fun are also important to working in this energetic business.