Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu's vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
A new opportunity is now available for an experienced Field Service Auto Electrician/dual trade Mechanic to join the Komatsu business. Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the purpose of this role is to carry out maintenance and repairs on mobile mining equipment and ensure excellent customer service.
This role plays an integral part in ensuring high levels of safety, quality and efficiency are provided to the Komatsu Kalgoorlie Branch.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we're looking for:
- Relevant Trade Certificate and or heavy maintenance equipment experience - dual trade HD/HV preferred.
- Current MR (Medium Rigid) or greater driver’s license.
- Mobile equipment maintenance experience on construction, quarry and mining size earthmoving equipment.
- Strong diagnostics / fault-finding skills.
- Working at Heights, Forklift and Dogging Tickets highly regarded.
- A proven high level of customer service.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computing systems.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment will also be highly regarded.
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations.
Join the Komatsu family and you'll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.