At Harris Farm Markets, we don’t just respect nature, we’re driven by it. Our prices, our produce, our specials– all determined by nature. It enriches everyone and everything. For over 40 years Harris Farm Markets has remained 100% family owned and operated.
With over 25 + stores across Sydney and NSW and growing and home to over 2,200 wonderful employees all with a common purpose, to reconnect Aussies with the joy of food. It’s this purpose that sees us continue to bring the best that nature has to offer to our customers each day. From sustainable initiatives like Imperfect Picks, to showing love for local farmers and producers through products such as our Farmer Friendly Milk, we believe that all our actions can make a real, positive difference.
What makes a great Area Manager
- Team player
- Understands strategic priorities
- Goes the extra mile
- Learn how to hit all financial and non-financial KPIS and develop others particularly managers with the same merchandising wizardry and commercial acumen
- KPIS = sales, wages, margin, people (engagement, training, performance management, motivate and influence), customer experience (clean, safe, compliance, exciting shop, right people right time serving)
- New store development delivery and ingenuity
- Expert in F&V but able to deliver across all categories.
- Emotionally intelligent (able to build relationships, motivate and influence others)
The Area Manager is responsible for is responsible for maximising the financial return of an area group of markets. Leading a Store Management team to ensure the achievement of budgets and fostering a work culture consistent with the HFM Core Values. This is achieved by mentoring and coaching the market team to develop their skills in both retailing and people management, delivering high standards of customer service and maintaining the Harris Farm Market reputation of only selling the freshest and best quality produce.
The key responsibilities of the role
- Customer Experience: lead the market team to ensure HFM is delivering products our customers’ love that are of good quality and great value. Ensure the product is at its peak and available when and where customers want it. Drive innovation in store and continual improvement of the customer shopping experience.
- Profitability: Drive the achievement of market budgets, targets and implement measures to minimise waste. Engage the team and to improve productivity and commitment of employees so that they give our customers a great experience
- People: drive the development of a team of enthusiastic experts who love working at Harris Farm Markets
- Compliance: provide management to ensure smooth operations of the store and compliance with all systems, policies and processes.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated FMCG experience
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Demonstrated planning and organisation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Sound communication skills (verbal and written)
- Commercially astute
- Computer literate
- High degree of autonomy
- Manage a great team
- 25% staff discount