Location: Rydalmere, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2021 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate System Engineer for our GTS-SIX Rydalmere site. Our Rydalmere site is focused on providing solutions to the railway industry as well as the defence industry.
Our graduate program is a 2 year intense program accompanied by mentoring and countless training opportunities and we offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia!
The Graduate systems engineer, under supervision is responsible for requirements analysis, technical studies, design tasks, implementation, systems integration and support activities to provide new and upgraded systems for Thales projects and bids. Key areas of responsibility are:
- Work under broad professional guidance, independently or as a team member, to analyse requirements, design, implement, test and support systems engineering products and solutions
- Undertake learning and training activities to develop skills and experience as a graduate systems engineer
- Keep abreast of technology developments and provide recommendations and advice on technology selection
- Present and demonstrate solutions to Thales customers
- Attend and participate in regular departmental and project meetings
- Attend and participate in technical reviews (both internal and external)
- Tertiary engineering qualification with a credit average or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2020
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst at university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
A defence security clearance may be required for the successful candidate for this position.
A police check and pre-employment medical may be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit your resume and academic transcript.
For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!