Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Geologist to join the Technical & Projects Department at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie. KCGM is a joint venture between Newmont Goldcorp and Saracen Minerals.
This is a residential role on a 8:6 roster, working 11 hour days.
Geologist positions may include Exploration Open Pit or Underground, Production Geology Open Pit our Underground.
Depending on the area the Geologist will work within, the key accountabilities may include, but not limited to:
- Participation in KCGM projects
- Actively mentor and direct the Graduate Geologist(s), Field Technicians and Business Partners to ensure exploration is conducted as safely and effectively as possible.
- Be accountable for a daily and weekly work plan.
- Day-to-day follow-up with the contract laboratory, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of assay results.
- Report regularly to the Senior Geologists on any and all geological, project execution, technical, safety and environmental matters pertaining to project development.
- Generate (wingspan and brownfields) targets which align with KCGM’s strategies and LOM production profile.
- Undertake safety investigations as directed to ensure that incidents and/or injuries are fully reviewed in a timely manner and corrective actions are identified and allocated appropriately.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Geologists, actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrates working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure departmental compliance with statutory acts, regulations and consent conditions.
- Design, schedule and oversee Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling programs to ensure provision of timely and accurate grade control data for analysis.
- Undertake analysis, interpretation and modelling of data, including drill samples, resource definition plans and voids in order to accurately locate ore bodies and individual probe locations for the subsequent redevelopment and implementation of dig plans. As part of this process, examine Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) data and follow up on any issues with the laboratory in order to validate results used in estimation.
- Coordinate and assist in the ore mark-up process to ensure easy identification of ore and waste blocks.
- Entering data for core logging, providing for quality control, interpretation and providing recommendations for future work programs on the basis of results.
- Design, implement and mark out access ways for production equipment to access blasted zones. Monitor and adjust, via ore spotting, the ore extraction process to ensure the dig plan is correctly followed and minimise the risk of ore loss and ore dilution.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of sample schedules to ensure accurate data is available for analysis.
- Prepare weekly reports by collecting mining data to identify mining physicals and attainment to plan, and prepare weekly grade control drilling and mining schedules with supervision from the Senior Mine Geologist.
- Tertiary qualification in Geology.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Graduate Geologist in a hard rock environment.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- Honours Degree in Geology.
- Experience in 3D modelling software (Leapfrog or Vulcan), ARC and ioGAS.
- Experience in Achaean gold systems.
- Experience in managing RAB/AC, RC and diamond (surface and UG) drilling programs.
- Relevant Professional Association membership (AIG or AUSIMM).
We offer competitive salary packages including 10% superannuation and a health allowance. The base salary for this position is dependent upon experience, with a range of $84,000-$115,000. Joining the KCGM team also means that you are eligible for our performance and loyalty Quarterly Incentive Compensation Plan.
Career development and talent capability is supported by Newmont Goldcorp; Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers with significant assets in North and South America, Africa, and Australia. Newmont is the largest gold producer in Australia, with operations located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a vibrant community, and KCGM is proud to support the region as a residential mine site. There are a variety of excellent schooling, sporting and outdoor activities. KCGM have an active and inclusive Social Club.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respect their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.