Our client is the global market leader in full line chemical distribution. They represent first class manufacturers worldwide and serve an extensive portfolio of customers with tailor made solutions. They have a company culture built on strong relationships and exceptional customer service whilst offering technical expertise to business partners worldwide.
A position has become available for a General Manager to join their ANZ leadership team based in Auckland, New Zealand reporting to the Regional President ANZ. This role is responsible for the operational performance of the NZ Business in meeting ANZ and APAC Regional business strategic objectives. The General Manager will work closely with the Australian team, collaborating and leveraging local opportunities to successfully drive the strategic development of the New Zealand Business at a regional and global level.
- Management of the overall financial performance of the NZ Business
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key customers, key suppliers and other major stakeholders operating in the NZ market
- In conjunction with local NZ management, coordinating the annual NZ budget process and leading the team in the achievement of agreed budgeted sales, gross margin, WCT and EBITDA targets
- Planning and implementing sales and marketing activities at a customer and market segment level
- Effective management of; Pricing and contract negotiations, Performance against budget, Inventory Management, Working capital and debtor management
- Compilation and completion of monthly reporting requirements as determined by the APAC region
- Driving the strategic development of the NZ business in partnership with the relevant ANZ Commercial Leaders
- Provide day to day management support to the NZ Operational and Support Functions including Supply chain and Finance in partnership with the ANZ Operations Manager and Financial Controller
- Reinforcement of the businesses values through exemplary standard setting and observed behaviours in the areas of performance, leadership, teamwork, accountability; engagement; respect
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of the company's Integrated Management Systems and Regulatory Compliance
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a related field with relevant postgraduate qualification an advantage
- 10+ years' experience in chemical/ingredients industry with a significant proportion of this time spent in commercial roles
- 5+ years' managerial experience leading a commercial team with a proven track record of delivering excellent results
- Strong commercial understanding, business acumen
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to coach, develop and lead by example
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels including internal and external stakeholders
- Project management and strong analytical skills
- Initiative with a solutions focused outlook
- Excellent budgeting and cost management experience
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent IT Skills and practical knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
If you have commercial leadership experience having worked in a chemical distribution/supply chain position then I would like to hear from you. My client will consider Sales leaders who have worked with key accounts in the Food, Nutrition and Industrial markets. The successful candidate will be offered an attractive and competitive remuneration package and bonus scheme. All applicants must have full working rights in New Zealand.
Please note all direct applications and agency submissions received by our client will be referred to Techstaff as the recruitment partner on this assignment.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Michelle Setka on 03 9864 6050.
To view all Techstaff job opportunities visit www.techstaff.com.au