General Manager - Linehaul
Job no: 502803
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne - East
At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
Visy Logistics are a next generation logistics company. Born from within Visy, we put partnership with our customers, transparency and sustainable solutions at the center of everything we do.
With an ambitious 5-year growth plan, this is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and forward thinking leader to have a tremendous impact in shaping the future state of this growing division.
Reporting to the Country Manager and based at our Visy Logistics HQ in Clayton South, you will be responsible for the management and forward positioning of the Visy Logistics Linehaul Transport and Regional Warehousing Operations to achieve the core growth and financial objectives established through the 5-year plan.
As the General Manager of Linehaul, you will be developing the Linehaul Business into a holistic and cohesive Linehaul Division. You will also provide direction to your team and balance the management of the day-to-day operations, as well as the medium and long-term vision in order to ensure the effective service delivery of the functional areas.
Through strong collaborative leadership, change management, organisational design and industry expertise, you will:
- Ensure that all operations are delivering to; service, compliance (legal, Contract and organisational), productivity, administration, “branding” and EBIT expectations.
- Identify and implement Operational Improvement and Standardisation activities, to develop a “Linehaul Brand” based on industry best practices and performance.
- Continue to cultivate a high degree of trust and confidence from the Internal and External customer base – delivered through service, solution, honesty & structured approach.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships and engagement to deliver results across and between broader functional/divisional/organisational structures.
- Create, manage and deliver operational budget and timelines, and proactively analyse activities for reporting and improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role:
- You are a seasoned and astute Linehaul specialist within the Transport & Logistics industry.
- (A background in Supply Chain / Manufacturing would be highly regarded).
- You have proven success in business transformation and growth.
- You are highly self-motivated and adaptable leader, who thrives within a dynamic and challenging environment, with good change management experience.
- You are systematic, data driven and process orientated, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- You have a proven commitment to OHSE and Compliance.
In return, you will be rewarded with an inclusive and dynamic team environment, a passionate company culture and the opportunity to be part of the Visy Logistics Group’s future direction.
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy!
Please apply now, or welcome to contact Sarah Cranby on 0499 995 174 if any further questions.
You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.