As a national, leading service provider to the utility infrastructure sectors, Zinfra has gained a reputation for our breadth and depth of experience delivering design, construction and maintenance services for our clients.
When you join Zinfra you become part of a 1750 strong passionate team working together to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Do you seek technical challenges and have a practical aptitude?
We are looking for Gas Transmission Apprentices to join us in a three year program that will enable you to obtain industry skills and knowledge while under the supervision of qualified and experienced Supervisors. Zinfra Apprentices are required to attend registered training provider and complete a Certificate III in Gas Supply Industry Operations. Submitting ongoing workplace evidence addressing the competencies within the Gas Operations qualification is a requirement to obtain the Certificate III.
During the program, our Gas Transmission Apprentices will participate face to face block training and workplace rotations, experiencing a variety of work environments within the gas supply industry to gain enhanced employment skills and career development opportunities.
You will be required to participate in a variety of field activities including:
· Operation and maintenance of high pressure natural gas equipment.
· Maintaining rotating machinery and engines.
· Patrol and maintenance of pipeline right of ways;
· Strategic response to leak reports and other emergencies;
· Repair and maintenance of pipeline coatings, valves and mechanical equipment;
· Liaison with landholders and public authorities;
· A wide variety of duties including mechanical activities, weed control, erosion control, documentation and records maintenance.
To be considered for a Gas Transmission Apprenticeship you must have completed Year 11 and have achieved good results in English, Maths, and Science or are currently undertaking a relevant trade which may include Mechanical, Electrical or Gas. Pre-apprenticeship qualifications are highly regarded.
We’re looking for apprentices that show a mechanical aptitude, a commitment to learning, and a desire to be challenged. Other skills which would assist you:
· The ability to work safely while following correct processes and procedures
· Ability to perform a range of physically demanding activities associated with field-based work
· Enjoy working outdoors and in a team environment
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Sound time management skills
All candidates must upload their relevant certificates and transcripts to be considered for this role.
At Zinfra, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, free of workplace injuries and our workplace culture is based on this. Our Apprentice Program provides pathways that allow our employees to reach their full potential and build on their career choices. Are you up for the challenge? Apply today.