Seer is developing technology to revolutionise the diagnosis and management of neurological conditions, with a special focus on epilepsy. Our mission is to deliver deep personalised clinical insights and advance patient experience with leading-edge technology.Our technology consists of wearable devices, a cloud platform and machine learning systems. These systems are at the core of our at-home video EEG monitoring and diagnostic service - the first of its kind. Seer has already made a big impact across Australia over the last 3 years, and is now building for international expansion.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCT
We're building a web platform and mobile app to power wearable and implantable devices that are about to enter the healthcare market. The platform stores and manages the biomedical data from these devices, allowing us to provide personalised insights, predictions and alerts to patients in real-time. The platform currently supports our at-home EEG-ECG diagnostic services and clinical trials of devices carried out by partner companies. The mobile app allows users to track their events, medications and mood, and to share this with their doctors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Developing, testing, and maintaining code for the GraphQL server (NodeJS, ExpressJS and Apollo Server) and for the main web app (ReactJS and Apollo Client).
- In collaboration with the rest of the team, ensuring that our software is user friendly, stable, secure, resilient, documented, and maintainable
- Proactively raising issues or ideas for how our technology should/could be built
- Being an active member of the team's development and learning
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience in web development (including both front and back-end development)
- Good communication skills, an attention to detail, and a focus on user experience
- Enthusiasm for software quality (automated testing, code review, and documentation)
- Ability to work well in a diverse team with different backgrounds and experience levels
In addition to these base attributes, we are particularly interested in people with experience in:
- NodeJS (especially ExpressJS)
- Git, CI/CD, and agile development practices
- Managing and monitoring server infrastructure (especially on AWS)
- GraphQL (especially the Apollo libraries)
This is a great opportunity for someone to help us build amazing products and work in a collaborative, team environment. You will have the chance to influence a growing team, work with and contribute to modern development tools, and work on a range of interesting features and problems.