Glasshouse West End Pty Ltd T/A Table 26 is looking for a qualified cook to join our amazing team.
This is a full-time position with a salary of $55,000 per annum plus superannuation.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Maintain daily kitchen operations effectively and safely in accordance to Food Safety Regulation (Keeping Temperature Log, Food Handling Record etc up to date)
- Ensure all food is prepared, cooked and presented in accordance to restaurant standards and menu specifications
- Have a calm approach with the ability to delegate and prioritise under pressure and at times in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Be passionate and dedicated to consistently produce a high standard of service and food
- Be self-motivated with the ability to motivate and educate the kitchen team using your previous experience in quality kitchen environments
- Maintain effective, profitable stock control on a daily basis
- Impeccable personal hygiene and high standards of kitchen cleanliness
- Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail, a genuine "care factor" and a "whatever it takes” approach and “can do” attitude
- Hold relevant qualifications in commercial cookery (Cert III with two years of experience or Cert IV) or have at least three years of relevant experience
About the position & cafe
- Weekend work is essential.
- Cafe is open 7 days/week 6am -3pm; Friday to Sunday 5.30pm-8.30pm.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Enthusiasm and consistency in ensuring the quality of each and every plate of food served.
- Passionate with great attention to detail
- Fast and efficient and able to work well under pressure.
- Great attitude and lead the back of house team to ensure the best experience for customers.
Please take note that due to the large volume of applications received, you will only be contacted should we want to meet you and chat further for the roles. Only applications received via email will be considered. If interested, please contact Amit at [email protected]