Full Time Diesel Mechanic - Rockingham
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services. Operating in 19 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and manage 41,000 vehicles we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and customers we serve.
At Transdev, we believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-to-day work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
Transdev WA provides Bus transport services within the Transperth network in the Fremantle, Rockingham/Mandurah, Perth City and Joondalup/Wangara areas.
HEAVY DIESEL MECHANIC REQUIRED
ABOUT THE ROLE
A challenging and fast-paced environment, the maintenance department is responsible for the daily delivery of safe, reliable and well presented buses to ensure Transdev WA consistently meets their contractual and charter requirements.
Based in the Rockingham Depot, working on a shift based roster, you will be responsible for:
- Repairing, servicing and maintaining TDWA's fleet of buses and ancillary vehicles.
- Road testing of vehicles as required.
- Service and maintenance of machinery and equipment relevant to TDWA operations.
- Attending vehicle and/or equipment breakdown, both on and off site. This may be requested outside of normal hours.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge gained in a Heavy Diesel environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the ability to utilise the Fleet Maintenance Management systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills including consultation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Holds safety as your No 1 priority - always.
- Trade qualified.
- HR (or above) Class licence
- Previous experience working with buses is highly desirable.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits and a positive culture that embraces diversity and employee feedback. We genuinely invest in our people and the work you carry out at Transdev touches the lives of your family, friends and future generations alike. Working in a growing, global business will provide diverse career experiences for you to make your mark, push boundaries and reach your maximum potential.
As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. With values reflecting safety, commitment, partnership, passion and performance, we collaborate to support our most valuable assets, our customers.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page http://www.transdev.com.au/careers#work-with-us
If you're as passionate about delivering unparalleled service as we are then click the 'Apply now' button and you will be taken to our Transdev website to complete your application form online.