The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Frontend Software Engineer
As a start-up business inside Australia's largest liquor retailer, EndeavourX aims to bring the best of Endeavour Drinks to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital & eCommerce businesses for Dan Murphy’s and BWS to transform the customer experience under one brand - EndeavourX.
With an industry-leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
Where we play:
EndeavourX Hub is based 5 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The heritage listed ‘Old Readers Digest’ building has been going under an internal renovation, designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.
At EndeavourX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies through its new tech venture.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for modern technology and an interest in e-commerce.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You’re an engineer with experience dealing with complex problems.
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You value continuous learning and perhaps you’re involved in the software engineering community attending meetups, conferences, have a blog or a GitHub portfolio.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a Digital Transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You may have worked in retail and with a big corporate, building technical solutions for retail store systems. You may have invested your talent in startups, digital SMEs or management consultancies. What you do need is to know how you could contribute to our teams. Be interested and interesting!
What you'll need to succeed...
- Exceptional technical writing skills and the ability to deliver detailed documentation using markdown language.
- A passion for developing web components which conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing enterprise-level single-page apps, preferably using Angular.
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of website security.
- Understanding of user interaction, design principles and standards.
- CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Ability to provide high-level estimations for new features.
- In-depth knowledge of responsive and adaptive design.
- Hands-on experience optimising sites for maximum performance and scalability.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Jasmine, Karma).
- Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) & continuous deployment (CD).
- Source control (GIT).
What's in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package!
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia.
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative leveraging great partnerships we have with Google, Microsoft and others.
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day. #work180 #LI
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.