- Permanent fixed term 12 month contract
- Enjoy benefits including 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary Sacrifice is available - this benefit will increase your take home pay
Established nearly 90 years ago, our client is one of the largest national Not For Profit service providers offering a large range of services including youth, child and family, community housing, residential aged care.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a qualified and experienced Foster and Kinship Care Case Worker. In this role you will recruit, train and support Carers. You will engage and deliver intervention to children & young people in family based placements.
This is a Permanent fixed term 12 month contract role located in Maryborough, QLD.
- Undertake carer recruitment, training and assessment, participate in the development of and undertake tasks in relation to carer recruitment plans for the service; deliver information sessions and pre-service training for prospective carers; complete assessments and reassessments of potential and current carers; provide ongoing support to carers.
- Collaborate with key community support services to negotiate family support plans and undertake placement coordination activities that meet the individual needs of the child, young person, adult and their family.
- Utilise a range of assessment, crisis intervention, short term intervention skills and therapeutic approaches to provide both therapeutic and practical support services to families and individuals.
- Provide direct in-home support services to families, including the provision of after-hours and ‘on-call’ services on a rotational basis or as required.
- Work sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, children, young people, families and communities to provide culturally inclusive services and achieve sustainable outcomes within a culturally safe environment; assist to reduce the over-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in care; work collaboratively with communities to keep children and families safe and connected to culture.
To Be Successful
- Bachelor Degree qualification in social work, psychology, social sciences or a related
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care
frameworks, including knowledge of, or the ability to acquire knowledge of the
Child Protection Act 1999.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the provision of care services to children,
young people and their families in statutory care.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training to carers and applying
assessment, crisis intervention and short term intervention skills and therapeutic approaches.
- Current Blue Card or ability to obtain
- Current National Police Clearance or willing to obtain one
- Hold a Licensed Care Service (LCS2) checks or willing to obtain one
- Current QLD driver's license
Salary and Benefits
You will receive benefits including 5 weeks of annual leave.
$70,582.72 PA + Superannuation + Salary Sacrifice.
Salary packaging (also known as salary sacrifice) is an arrangement between you and your employer where you pay for some items or services straight from your pre-tax salary. You can salary package computers, cars, childcare and super, for example. This can reduce your taxable income and put more money in your pocket.
Find out more about positions available at www.seek.com.au