Forensic Case Worker - Victoria - Expression of Interest
- Looking for a forensic case work role?
- Do you believe in second chances and supporting forensic clients to integrate back into the community?
We are seeking expressions of interest for our Forensic Case Worker role in three of our programs in Victoria.
A little bit about ACSO
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a dynamic, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We’re an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community freed of crime and prisons. It’s our goal to reduce re-offending, and our mission is to help people transition from prison, assist them in the community, stop them from re-offending, and intervene to divert others from committing crime.
Forensic Case Work
Our Forensic Casework Services division aims to support the transition of individuals being released from prison and addresses the individual and complex transitional needs of each participant through a responsive, tailored and flexible support approach.
Forensic Case Workers will be responsible for delivering pre- and post- release support to their allocated participants and will work intensively with community corrections to successfully reintegrate participants. Our Forensic Case Worker is responsible for record keeping (including data entry and case-noting) and providing assertive outreach and interventions to at-risk and vulnerable cohorts, typically face-to-face and in settings and environments that are comfortable for the participant.
Our Forensic Case Workers travel to, and work from, prisons across Victoria and our ACSO hubs. Depending on the program, we have hubs based in Richmond, Traralgon, Dandenong, Sunshine, Ballarat, Bendigo and Shepparton.
Our three programs include ReConnect, ReStart and Community Support Program (CSP) and they are all unique.
To hear a little more about the Restrat Program, check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cuG-N0g2h8.
What we’re looking for?
- Preferably a diploma qualification in a relevant discipline, and/or at least 2 years’ equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with assertiveness and confidence working with people who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- Experience developing support plans and goal attainment strategies
- Ability to build positive relationships and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Knowledge and competency in casework practices
- Demonstrated capacity to work flexibly, possess the ability to manage competing demands, and able to effectively set boundaries and limits where required
- An extensive background working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded
What ACSO can offer you
- A supportive and collaborative team and leaders
- A challenging yet rewarding position
- Learning opportunities and career development
- $63,000 full time base salary + super +salary packaging
- Annual leave loading
To apply please visit our careers website at www.acso.org.au/work-with-us. In addition to reading the position description, please refer to the attached position summary to learn more about each individual program.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining your experience and the skills you would bring to ACSO. You must also clearly specify your program preference (Reconnect, Restart or CSP), preferred office location/s and if you are interested in a full time or part time role. We may not be in touch immediately, but when a vacancy arises and we feel your skills match we'll be in touch.
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage. ACSO acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.