- Suitable for a candidate completing their PhD/MSc in a related field
- Part-time opportunity to gain valuable industry and hands-on experience
- Food Technologist/Bakery Products/Fermentation/Enzymes
About the Company:
Our client is a proud supplier to the baking industry and has global expertise in bakery products, ingredients and technologies.
About the Role:
Currently our Sydney office is recruiting for a part-time Food Scientist to work within a multinational food organization that manufactures a range of food ingredients and finished products such as bread, yeast and other baked goods.
We are ideally searching for a part-time Food Technologist who may be finishing their studies or returning to work and who has speciality bakery ingredients experience and who can provide technical expertise in ingredient solutions. Candidates with industry related bread manufacturing and fermentation experience will be highly regarded.
Duties will include:
- Plan, manage, and deliver development projects related to enzyme / yeast fermentation technology
- Prepare specific protocols and conduct fermentation experiments
- Validate and summarise experimental data, and prepare timely reports on experiments and projects
- Assist in the efficient running of the pilot fermentation plant
- Maintain awareness of current developments in fermentation technologies related to the bakery industry
- Work with production sites to implement new fermentation technologies and assist with trouble shooting
- Train operational staff and mentor junior staff
Skills & Experience:
- Research degree or PhD in Food Science/Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or similar
- Well developed knowledge of fermentation technology / yeast physiology / bread enzymes
- Hands-on experience operating fermentation equipment
- Ability to independently source technical information, formulate hypothesis, design experiments, interpret test results
- Effective project management skills
- Experience in designing and conducting laboratory or commercial fermentation processes and development programmes
- Experience in working with laboratory / fermentation equipment
- Previous exposure to a commercial production environment or project
- Have keen and diligent work ethic with good people skills to work within this enthusiastic team
- Strong computer skills MS Word/Excel
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy skills
* This is a part-time role based in Western Sydney.
* This is an excellent company offering a generous hourly rate with the opportunity to gain valuable industry experience
* Hours are Monday to Friday.
* Full work rights in Australia are required for this role. Close to trains and public transport.
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed).
Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas e.g. Working Holiday Visa.
How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now" button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.
Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.