Processing, Copper Concentrator, Surface Workshop
Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia
Ref. No. 35324
Mount Isa Mines is currently seeking suitably qualified applicants for the role of Fitter/Machinist to work in the Surface Workshop Services team.
Mount Isa is a thriving city acting as a hub for regional business, transport, services and government in North West Queensland. Mount Isa Mines attracts the best people from all over Australia and the world who are drawn to working for a high-calibre mining operation with the added benefit of a comfortable residential-based work arrangement.
We believe in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people while never compromising on their safety and well-being. We offer excellent remuneration package and benefits above market superannuation, and significant professional development opportunities. Learn more about Mount Isa Mines at www.mountisamines.com.au
Our people return home every day and enjoy a thriving town of 23,000 people. You will always have something to do, go to restaurants, movies, join a gym and sporting activities, play golf, as well as fishing and camping and activities at the lake.
This position will allow the right candidate to join a dynamic team due to growth and expansion for Mount Isa Mines internal Workshop. Your duties will see you carry out fitting and machining tasks in a workshop environment. There will be a component of breakdown response dependent on business needs servicing the surrounding Assets. This is a residential role in Mount Isa, with some flexibility around rosters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring safe work behaviours for yourself and your fellow team members
- Use machining tools to mill, turn, grind, bore, drill and plane to form various metal stock, all to fine tolerance
- Repairs and overhaul of equipment with rapid response and troubleshooting of critical equipment
- Using predictive maintenance/condition monitoring techniques and provide recommendations for correction as required
- Demonstrated ability to identify faults through use of fault finding techniques and to rectify problems
- Ability to maintain effective communication with co-workers and line leaders
- Effective time management
- Mentoring apprentices to gain necessary trade skills
You will have the following skillset and attributes:
- Trade qualified Fitter and Machinist with high level of attention to detail
- Strong manual machining skills with Lathes, mills, radial arm drill, horizontal borer, key way cutting
- Interpret engineering drawings and sketches/ completing QA/QC on finished products
- Hydraulic/pneumatic knowledge would be an advantage
- Line Boring experience would be highly regarded
- Hold a current manual Australian driver’s license
- Forklift ticket, basic rigger/doggers ticket and gantry crane are preferred
- Experience with CNC milling and lathes would be highly regarded
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Ability to work in a team environment
For further information, please contact:
Kylie Duncan on (07) 4744 3223
8.00am Thursday 27th January 2022