Flinders Private Hospital is a private hospital and part of the not-for-profit Adelaide Community Healthcare Alliance (ACHA) group. Flinders Private Hospital is a modern acute 147 bed facility providing a range of specialties which include cardiac, critical care, orthopedic, general surgical and medical services.
The Finance Manager will manage all aspects of the hospital finance function and play a vital role in facilitating hospital strategy. As a key member of the hospital Executive team, the Finance Manager works closely with the Hospital's General Manager, Director of Nursing and ACHA's Chief Financial Officer. The health industry is dynamic, so supporting innovation and change within the organisation will also be an aspect of this role; it will be a requirement of the Finance Manager to support and manage special projects as they arise.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead the finance function which includes a small finance team. Responsibilities will include:
- Management of hospital finances including reporting, budgeting, forecasting, accounts payable, capital expenditure
- Provide relevant and timely information to assist senior staff with decision making including authoring, reviewing and supporting business cases
- Month end preparation including P&L preparation and analysis, general ledger reconciliations and associated reporting to key stakeholders
- Management of financial aspects of public contract including pricing, billing, reporting
We are looking for candidates that have exceptional financial skills and will ensure all internal and external accountabilities relating to the hospital's finances are met. You will need to be flexible and adaptable with excellent problem solving skills. You will have:
- A degree qualification in accounting or finance
- CA or CPA post graduate qualification
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Exceptional people management skills with demonstrated ability to engage others
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to tight deadlines (regular and ad hoc).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, particularly in the use of excel
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality outcomes
- Experience working in the Health Industry would be ideal but not essential
What we can offer:
- A supportive team environment working alongside passionate & dedicated professionals
- Increased take-home pay with access to salary sacrifice as a not-for-profit
- Flexible working arrangements for work-life balance by negotiation
- Thorough systems & processes in place
- Ongoing training & professional development opportunities
Applications close: 14th October 2021
For further enquiries: Angela McCabe, General Manager, at [email protected] or (08) 8275 3719
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.