- Permanent position with competitive remuneration in CBD location
- Chance to use your Social Work experience in an education setting
- Position which offers autonomy and flexibility
Permanent role as Fieldwork Placement Coordinator for Community Services course in leading college - Syd CBD
Your new company
Located in Sydney’s CBD, this well established and highly reputable College offers Diploma and Bachelors programs in Health and Community Services. The college strives to produce job ready graduates through excellent teaching standards and a culture of meeting stringent quality assurance and compliance standards centred on an excellent student learning experience. The college has a strong record of success, catering for both local and international students.
Your new role
As a Fieldwork Placement Coordinator your role will be to explore and develop 'partnership agencies' and negotiate contractual arrangements between the agencies to facilitate student placements for students studying both Diploma and Bachelors programs in Health and Community Services. Once the placement is sourced you will develop, coordinate and facilitate student fieldwork briefing sessions for students, before and during placements. You will monitor and counsel students from the inception of placements until completion, identifying issues and concerns and developing intervention strategies to avoid placement breakdown.
You will plan, develop and evaluate career development seminars for final year students and assist in the development of course materials that would be directly relevant to the fieldwork curriculum and attend and report to staff meetings. You will also assist in the development and facilitation of professional development days for agency staff as required.
This is a full time role located in Sydney CBD. Remuneration $75,000 plus super – 4-5 days per week
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold a minimum of Bachelor's degree in a welfare-related discipline (e.g. Community Services, Social Work) with eligibility for membership of the AASW or ACWA or APS
- Be an experienced social worker with recent practical experience
- Current knowledge and skills in vocational and Higher Education learning that informs their training and assessment would be beneficial
- An exceptional networker with the ability to establish and maintain effective workplace relationships with relevant stakeholders
What you'll get in return
- A permanent position with competitive remuneration in CBD location
- An opportunity to use your frontline Social Work experience in an education setting
- A position which offers autonomy and flexibility
What you need to do now
This opportunity is immediately available. If you're interested in this role contact Chris Paul by clicking 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call us now for a confidential discussion.
D: +61 (0)2 8226 9879
E: [email protected]
SA Licence number : LHS 297508