An internationally-backed and Australian-based industry-leading specialist company delivering automation and data integrity solutions to the food, packaging and FMCG industries.
About The Role
The role is ideally suited to an experienced automation systems engineer. You will be installing and setting up automation solutions at customer sites using your practical skills in TCP/IP networks, SQL tools and configuring hardware such as HMIs, PLCs, barcode scanners and Vision equipment.
Who You Are
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years’ automation systems experience, preferably in the food, packaging or FMCG industries working in the field at customer sites
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft SQL tools
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- A strong willingness to learn the client's software systems
- Previous experience in installing automation hardware at customer sites, supporting clients and providing training
- Possess a clean Driver's Licence and passport
What You Will Typically Be Doing
- Travelling across Australia and occasionally New Zealand (currently 15-20 weeks per year)
- Using your software, electrical, networking and mechanical skills to install and troubleshoot automation solutions at customer sites
- Configuring hardware such as HMIs, PLCs, barcode scanners and Vision equipment
- Providing solutions that connect production lines to ERP/MES systems
- Fault-finding of TCP/IP networks
- Training customers
Environment, Culture and Rewards
The client has plush offices in Melbourne with parking on site. A supportive culture from experienced staff in the UK and Australia who will provide extensive training to you. A highly competitive, above industry standard basic salary and a car allowance, laptop and phone will be made available as part of the role.
Please be aware you must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident to apply for this role. Please submit your resume in WORD format ONLY.