Kordia is one of Australia’s and New Zealand's leading integrated Telecommunications and Technology service delivery organisations. We specialise in designing, building, operating and maintaining social and business critical communications systems throughout Australasia.
Kordia’s NSW Operations team is seeking an experienced Field Supervisor to work alongside the State Field Supervisor for the deployment and management of teams for the construction and integration of wireless sites within a Telco environment.
The role is to ensure that field resources are managed to enable quality delivery of field services to meet internal and external customer expectations.
The Field Supervisor will develop and maintain a high-performing team, ‘A Class’ culture and ensure that that all field services are compliant in QHSE and continual awareness is promoted.
More specifically, your role will involve:
- Manage Wireless project delivery for multiple deployment teams of Riggers and Technicians both internal and external
- Maximise and drive efficiencies in the construction of wireless sites
- Act as a SME for wireless build issues
- Work alongside and in collaboration with the State Field Supervisor and other leaders to provide a cohesive team environment
- Providing leadership and mentoring to members of the NSW Field resource group
- Providing a single point of contact for Kordia management for project tasks under your control
- Allocation of scopes and management of team schedules to deadlines
- Ensuring that all project milestones are delivered on time, within budget to the customer's requirements.
- Overall management of team resources under your control including staff, vehicles, tools and test equipment
- Reviewing, establishing and implementation of procedures for the ongoing improvement of state field operations.
- Driving compliance, efficiency and effectiveness of the field teams and contractors by conducting regular field visits.
- Management of both internal & external customer relationships on a day-to-day basis for allocated projects, involving project status reports and issue management.
- Development and delivery of reports to management on the operational performance of the group against customer SLA's and internal KPI's targets
- Acting as the escalation channel for field-based implementation queries
- Monitoring onsite activities to ensure all works completed as required and return visits limited through effective work practices
- Manage 3rd party access and plant bookings to facilitate project delivery
- Manage compliance of subcontractors as required
- Ensuring a high level of personnel discipline is maintained, company vehicles and financial outgoings are controlled within the field team.
- Ensuring Kordia Quality Standards/Procedures and OH&S practices are adhered to; and conduct spot auditing of work to ensure QHSE compliance
To be considered, we will be seeking experienced Supervisors with:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience constructing and/or commissioning sites in the Telecommunications area
- Knowledge of 4G and 5G wireless technology (Build to integration and handover)
- Previous experience in Team Lead or Supervisory roles
- Certificate IV in OHS highly regarded
- Practical experience of managing the delivery of field services under defined SLA's
- A track record of developing subordinates to drive operational performance
- Well-developed commercial and business acumen competencies
- Experience with managing sub-contractors for installation services.
- Previous experience on projects with rate card pricing structures and experience with managing complex variation claims on projects.
- Proficiency managing site status on excel spreadsheets and project tools
- Must have high level of verbal and written communication skills.
At Kordia we believe every team member has a role to play in the overall success of the business. Whether it is through our working relationships, technology or skills. Our culture and values encourage and reward those that are collaborative, trustworthy, humble, courageous and expert. If these values appeal to you, we can offer you an environment in which you will thrive.