Field Supervisor - Telecommunication Technologist FULL TIME
Advantech Pty Ltd
We are seeking a highly reliable and experienced Telecommunications Technologist with a strong technical background in networking to join our expanding team.
Job duties include:
• On-site attendance to identify and repair network issues for residential and business clients
• Integrating networks hardware and software and ensuring compatibility with the existing system
• Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; and preparing an installation diagram.
• Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, cable trays, establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; and coordinating with contractors.
• Responding to and documenting troubleshooting tickets, such as network emergencies, failures, rectifying faults, resolutions status, etc.
• Reviewing network designs against compliance requirements before carrying out and advising changes if required
• Installing, commissioning and maintaining complex telecom networks and equipment
• Providing specialist support in administering the installation and upgrade of telecom networks
• Participating in the adjustment and optimisation of the network architecture to ensure efficiency, security, and stability of network systems
• Monitoring the performance of telecommunications networks and equipment including internet protocol systems and data centre, to ensure stability and sustainability, e.g. regular maintenance, backup, recovery
• Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
• Supervise and manage other telecommunication technicians
Skills & experience required
• Minimum 2 years’ full-time experience in performing the above tasks in a similar company
• Must have minimum Diploma qualification in Telecommunications or related field
• Sound knowledge of the NBN and HFC networkoperation principle
• Experience with system portal operation and fault management of NBN and other private fibre infrastructure providers
• High proficiency of LAN (Ethernet) and network protocols such as TCP/ IP
• Sound knowledge of network infrastructure (DNS, IP Address, Subnets, etc.), broadband Internet and NBN, enterprise storage & backup platforms
• Experience maintaining and managing network infrastructure LAN/WAN/Cloud
• Must have a valid Driver’s license
• Excellent communication skills and client relationship skills
• Excellent project management, time management skills, and problem-solving ability
We'll offer you
• $60,000 - $70,000 PLUS SUPER, depending on experience
• Be part of our new journey and ongoing success
AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT PREFERRED
FULL WORKING RIGHTS ONLY
Email your application to: [email protected]