Location: Jandakot, WA
Type of contract: Permanent
To support our operations in Australasia, Schlumberger is looking for Field Specialist SP (ACE Engineer).
- Assists with or has direct responsibility for, the effective management of the Mud Logging Unit, including personnel, equipment and maintenance
- Assists all well site personnel in all well operations areas
- Monitors, records and processes all well data and parameters
- Closely insures primary well control and, when appropriate, secondary kick control monitoring
- Is responsible for the well data integrity and reliability
- Is in charge of daily reporting and assists in the End of Well Report
- Provides an engineering interface with the client
- Responsible for the effective design and implementation of well plans
- Performs engineering duties as required to provide directional drilling operations and clients with drilling plans, conceptual
- Follows the Drilling Engineering process and provides real time decision support to D&M Engineers and client
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning and mobilization
- Ensure all client deliverables (logs, digital data, reports) are delivered to the customers on time and meet client and Drilling and Measurements standards all the time
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site
- Maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative and rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Ensures final end of well deliverables are quality controlled and delivered to the clients on time, all the time
- Performs nuclear tool calibrations and wipe tests as required
- Must have full right to live and work in Australia including offshore
- No travel restrictions
- University Degree in Geology, Geological Applied Sciences, Earth Sciences or Applied Sciences is preferred
- Must have minimum 3 years field experience in Oil and Gas industry and experience running drilling services at the wellsite, including competency in Logging While Drilling and Directional Drilling
- Sound knowledge and understanding on the areas of: Drilling Equipment and Techniques, calculation of Lag Time, wellbore pressures, Petroleum Geology, Formation Evaluation Log Drafting, Drilling Fluids and Hydraulics of the Drilling Fluids, Hydrocarbon Detection, Jet Hydraulics and Optimization, Overpressure (Causes and Detection), Drilling Fluids Rheology, Gas Detection and Analysis, Drilling Parameters, their Acquisition and Treatment, Knowledge of Geoservices Mud Logging Sensors, H2S Awareness and Detection; Health and Safety policies in the work place, Quality Control of Data, Electric Log Interpretation, Drill String Composition, Directional Drilling, Cementation Design and Well Testing
- Ability to involve the Mud Logger into the monitoring process whenever possible
Please apply via this advertisement and upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience.
Application is open from 11-May-2021 until 11-June-2021
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.