WHAT WE DO
For over 50 years we have been dedicated to solving operational challenges and making safer industrial environments. As part of our team, we will encourage your ideas, support your ongoing development and career growth, and offer a collaborative environment – all aimed at helping you take your career to the next level.
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral part of the Ampcontrol Underground Field Service team. You will spend your day working across a variety of underground mine sites, on modern technology, as a Field Service Technician. At Ampcontrol, we are challenging the rule book with large-scale projects and industry changing technology for our customers. Working on projects that make a real difference, your day to day role will see you become the face of Ampcontrol, working directly on customer sites across the mining industry.
- Market competitive rates – earn great $$$
- Overtime with penalty rates
- Meal & Site Allowances
- Full Personal Use Vehicle
- Purchase additional annual leave, for greater work/life balance
- Employee assistance program (EAP) for you and your family
- Fitness subsidies
- Educational assistance programs that support your continued development
- Discounted health insurance
- Salary sacrificing options
We are looking for passionate and highly skilled Underground Field Service Technicians to join our operation in Tomago, NSW. As a Field Service Technician you will play a pivotal role in the testing, repair, installation and commissioning of Ampcontrol manufactured equipment and systems on numerous sites. This includes Longwall systems, Development Power systems, Conveyor signal line and communication systems, Gas monitoring equipment and HV electrical equipment. Your new role will provide you with opportunities to work at multiple locations across NSW.
You will work in small teams to deliver critical commissioning projects as well as compliance and maintenance testing services across various sites and in our Tomago workshop. Travel will be a requirement of the job.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a motivated and supportive team with a history of developing internal technicians by providing ongoing training and advancement.
YOU’LL NEED THESE TO SUCCEED
Your willingness to get hands on in a service and project environment will be complimented by the following:
- Experience with HV electrical equipment and systems specific to mining and utilities (including diagnosis and fault finding);
- Experience with Underground mining equipment (Ampcontrol controlled systems will be an advantage);
- Experience with Ampcontrol products (desirable);
- Demonstrated knowledge of Protection for relays, circuit breakers and transformers;
- Understanding of AS3800 and AS2290 (desirable);
- Task focused approach.
In addition you will have
- Underground Experience in an Australian Coal Mine;
- Good report writing skills or the ability to learn (essential);
- Ability to make decisions based on the best outcome for the customer;
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service;
- Comfortable with travel and being away from home;
- Safety as a core value
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Electrical trade qualifications
- HV Switching certificate (desirable)
- Hazardous Area Competencies (desirable)
- LV CPR certificate
If you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role and are keen to be considered for this position, apply today!